Shipping Container Delivery – An Important Part of the Container Buying Process
Shipping containers are in great demand nowadays. Almost every other person or company is looking for a used shipping container to transport their goods or to store them securely. In their quest for that perfect box, the three most important factors that they encounter are the cost, quality, and delivery of the containers. As a veteran in the container trading fraternity, Pelican Containers handles all the three aspects with sheer experience and technical know-how. Our highly knowledgeable staff finds you the top quality containers at the best possible prices, whereas our fully-trained and certified drivers deliver the containers with great perfection at the trickiest locations using the most sophisticated machinery.
Container delivery service
The entire process is as simple as clicking a mouse a few times from the comfort of your living room couch. To start with, you need to fill a short form on our website with a few basic info like your contact details, your preferred container type, and size, and most importantly, the purpose your container is expected to serve. After a careful evaluation of the information you have shared, our agents will contact you with further queries and soon after, you’ll start receiving free quotes from us. Normally, during weekdays, you can expect to receive free quotes within an hour of putting your request. If your request reaches us over the weekends, we’ll respond on the next business day.
Our storage container delivery network is stretched all over the world. Once we get the confirmation of your purchase, we will arrange for pick-up or delivery of the same within three weeks. If you choose to pick-up your container from our container storage location yourself, you need to make an appointment with us before dispatching your vehicle. We’ll load them on your truck or trailer at no additional cost. However, you need to arrange for the pick-up within two weeks from the date of purchase.
Apart from having our own delivery services, we have partnered with a few of the nation’s largest third-party carriers who can deliver your box at your location for a flat fee. The container delivery cost depends on our actual cost of delivery and is additional to the price of the container. Please contact us for a delivery price quote.
Usually, up to 150 miles, a 20’ container is delivered on a medium-duty truck with a roll-back trailer. Whereas, a 40’ unit is delivered on a medium or heavy-duty truck with a tilt bed trailer that meets ground level for loading and unloading the stationary equipment on the bed.
However, if the drop-off location is beyond 150 miles, an ordinary tilt bed or roll-back trailer will not suffice. For such long-distance deliveries, a medium or heavy-duty truck with flatbed, step-deck, or hot-shot trailer will be appropriate for containers of all sizes.
Kindly note that a medium or heavy-duty forklift service may be needed at the delivery location. Hence, plan for the same in advance. You can also contact us for assistance.
If you plan to unload the container yourself, we’ll only arrange for its delivery on a flatbed trailer; so that you can save a lot of money. Otherwise, we can also arrange for a deluxe slide-off delivery service if you want us to unload the container. This will attract a specific fee.
Container Delivery guide:
You need to bear a few things in mind before the delivery of a shipping container which are as follows:
- A few states and cities (E.g. Bend, Oregon in the USA) have restrictions on container usage. Always check this aspect with local municipal authorities before buying a container. There may also be a fee for usage of a shipping container within the city limits. Please note that you need to take responsibility for any such legality.
- Our trucks are heavy and cannot navigate through soft or uneven surfaces. Smooth, solid, and leveled grounds, preferably covered with gravels, are the best.
- Both underground and overhead cables, as well as overhanging trees and manholes, play deterrent to truck movement.
- To deliver a 40-foot container, our trucks need 120ft long, 10ft wide, and 16ft high obstruction-free space.
- Similarly, for a 20-foot container, we need 70ft of straight clearance, along with 10ft wide, and 16ft high space.
- ‘S’ curves, horseshoe bends, driveway with more than 4% grade, etc. are major obstacles for bulky delivery trucks.
- If you want us to deliver the container on a highway or other public locations, you need to assume all legal responsibilities and seek appropriate approvals from the authorities.
If you want to know more about how shipping containers are unloaded at the delivery location, please read our resource https://pelicancontainers.com/blogs/15-tips-safely-unload-shipping-container/
Pelican Containers has been in the used shipping container trading for years now and is a reputed name in the US market. We supply almost all varieties and offer personalized services.
Ready to Shop?
If you are ready to shop for a new or used container, fill out our form and we will provide you best container at the right price.
Receive free price quotes from Pelican Containers.