At Pelican Containers (pelicancontainers.com), the privacy of our visitors is our topmost concern. In this privacy statement, we seek to explain how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about our guests, both online and offline, and how you can manage that information. By using our website you agree to the use of such information in accordance with this privacy statement. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, we request you not to access, install, download, register with, or use the services. You can always choose not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications either. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we may need to share them with our selected partners who help us in providing you with relevant information, products, and services as per your request.
This privacy statement may be supplemented or amended from time to time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, please contact us using the contact page.
What information do we collect?
Pelican Containers collects information about you when you visit our website, make telephonic inquiries, do business with us and sign any agreement. We ask only for that information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for your purpose.
Some of this information may not identify you personally, but are helpful in giving us insights on how you use our services and engage with us and how can we improve the experience for you. The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Contact number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and the duration on each page
- Your IP address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- If you represent any business, we may collect your job title, company contact details including email addresses and company details (some of which we may obtain from other online/offline sources)
- Recordings of your calls when you interact with our customer service centre
- Live chat records
- Any other correspondence you have with us.
How do we use this information?
Pelican Containers processes information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You can always choose not to receive marketing communications from us and can modify your preferences at any point in time. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or share your personal information with anyone other than our partners.
Below are the reasons for which we may use or process your personal information:
If you allow us, we may use your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or other information which you may find interesting.
Don’t worry; you can pull out at any time. Please check our ‘How can you manage the information we hold about you’ section. You can anytime stop receiving our marketing messages by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button that comes with every message.
We may use your personal information to complete your orders, purchases and other transactions with us, or while entering into any contract with you.
We may use your personal information to carry out activities necessary to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
We may use your personal information to respond to your correspondences and fulfil your requests.
In order to better understand you as a customer, we may undertake market analysis and research from time to time, wherein we may seek your participation in customer surveys. This way, we will be able to provide you with offers, products, and services tailor-made for you. However, as stated earlier, we will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so.
We may use your information to analyze, evaluate and improve our products and services to make them more relevant to you (we generally use combined data of many people so that your individual identity remains discreet).
Promotion of our brands and to measure the reach of our campaigns
- We may send you marketing messages from time to time if you buy a product or service from us, make a purchasing inquiry, close your browser with items in your shopping cart or request a brochure or other information from us. We will only contact you, in ways the law allows, with information about our own products and services. You can anytime stop these communications by letting us know your preferences.
- We may also send you marketing communications if you have represented a business to us or we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. You can always choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- We may contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies unless you object. These advertisements appear on your social media handle because either we have provided your information to the platform or upon our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us.
Efficient implementation of the administrative and technical aspects of our business
- We may contact you to verify the accuracy of the information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
- We use your information for network and information security purposes i.e. to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access.
- We need to refer to your details to fulfil a request that you may make by exercising your rights. As for example, when you restrict us from contacting you with our marketing communications, we have to keep a record of this on our suppression lists to implement your request.
- We use your contact details to update you about our new terms and conditions and policies.
To fulfill our legal obligation, we may need to furnish your personal information if any legal body like the Police, Customs etc. orders for the same.
We may sometimes need to access your contact details to inform you about an urgent security issue.
How do we share this information?
Kindly note that we do not sell your information to the third parties. However, we may disclose your information to certain customer contact centres and our legal and other professional advisors, who we delegate certain services to handle on our behalf. Nonetheless, we always ensure that our third-party partners comply with data protection legislation and keep your information protected. Moreover, we only disclose that much information which is necessary for them to provide the service. We divulge anonymous information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
How long do we keep your information for?
We won’t keep your information in an identifiable format longer than required. We usually keep our customers’ and other stakeholders’ information longer than that of any prospect.
If you are a customer, we will keep your details for six years after our relationship ends to establish, bring or defend legal claims which, God forbid, if crop up. If we have obtained your details following a request for information on any of our products or services, brochure or quotation, we will hold the same for three years from the date of your data collection to attempt to build a relationship with you during this period.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law orders us to hold your personal information for a longer period or delete it sooner.
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us. In this case, we will retain your information for six years following the date the complaint or query was made.
- When you request us to erase your information (where it applies) and when we are not restricted from doing so by any of the reasons mentioned above.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Correct and update your information.
- Withdraw your consent.
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object.
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
1111 Kane Concourse, Suite 518
Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154